So since there are a lot of new users here and we are getting a lot of duplicate and redundant threads I decided to make this thread.
Before you make a new thread you need to ask yourself two questions:
1) Is it a small question that can be answered easily or requires only a short answer?
2) Is there already a thread for that topic?
Please just ask it in the general chat thread, there are a lot of people there willing to help you out.
- Click on the search button on the top right of the page.
In the appearing textfield, type in the rough topic you want to know about
There will be some thread suggestions as soon as you type.
- You can also click on "show more" to get to a different view where you can sort your results by relevance, time or most liked/viewed
- If you want to search more specificly, you can also click on "options" on the bottom right corner of the search field to see how to search with more detail
It’s as easy as that.
You can also search in specific categories either by typing category: yourCategory after your search word/sentence or by clicking on the category and then check the “search the …. Category” in the search field
If you find any thread that could possibly fit your question try posting there or –if you are unsure- ask in the general chat if someone knows where to put it best
If you don’t find a fitting thread then you can make a new one. Please be as descriptive as possible in the title so that other users can find it easily.
If everyone plays by the rules the mods will have way less work closing and merging threads and the forum will be less messy.